Member States sabotage public scrutiny of EU-funds worth hundreds of billions of euros
Youth ambassadeurs of the European Union meet in Brussels, May 2022
© Flickr/EU Neighbours EAST
Funds for former Soviet countries cause more tension between Europe and Moscow
Ursula von der Leyen gives a press statement on the Commission’s proposals regarding ‘REPowerEU’, May 18, 2022
© Stephanie LeCocq / EPA
Conjuring up hundreds of billions without having a penny: here’s how Brussels does it
Hoge Raad der Nederlanden in Den Haag.
© Berlinda van Dam / ANP
The undisputed appointment of Putin’s lawyer to Dutch Supreme Court
A patient demonstrates his apnea device
© Arie Kievit / ANP
France is forcing Philips to prioritise French apnea patients over European ones
Ad-free investigative journalism
‘When in doubt, follow the money.’ This principle guides all our work. Our independent newsroom digs deeper and uncovers the stakes — no matter the topic.
This is what you can expect:
- We hold the powerful accountable.
- We conduct extensive, in-depth investigative journalism.
- We are radically independent; no one tells us what to write.
- We will not display any ads, ever.
- We are a social enterprise. Our aim is not to make money, but to fight for a better world.