A young woman from Java after being liberated by the Allied Forces from amarine brothel on Timor
© Australian War Memorial
Both the State and the royal family benefited from the earnings of Dutch East Indies ‘comfort women’
Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commision, and Ilham Aliyev, president of Azerbaijan, meeting in Bakoe, Juliy 18 2022
© Presidential Administration of Azerbaijan / Xinhua News Agency
The EU and ‘partner’ Azerbaijan: gas first, morals second
Het waterstof-tankstation van Jan Paul Kerkhof in Den Haag.
© Michiel Wijnbergh / ANP
Brussels wants to saddle Europe up with useless hydrogen filling stations
© Karl Ketamo
Lobby researcher: ‘The Kroes case shows superbly how the system is failing’
Member States sabotage public scrutiny of EU-funds worth hundreds of billions of euros
Ad-free investigative journalism
‘When in doubt, follow the money.’ This principle guides all our work. Our independent newsroom digs deeper and uncovers the stakes — no matter the topic.
This is what you can expect:
- We hold the powerful accountable.
- We conduct extensive, in-depth investigative journalism.
- We are radically independent; no one tells us what to write.
- We will not display any ads, ever.
- We are a social enterprise. Our aim is not to make money, but to fight for a better world.