Money trails don’t lie; that’s why we follow them
Follow the Money is a leading digital platform for radically independent investigative journalism. Our goal is crystal clear: uncovering the truth in the interest of society. Be it about healthcare, the energy transition, the housing market or politics: we are your watchdog. ‘Follow the money’ is our editorial leitmotif.
We have offices in Amsterdam and Brussels. Our Brussels desk, ‘Bureau Brussels’, focuses on the European Union and publishes in Dutch and English. Moreover, Follow the Money is involved in and responsible for the coordination of several pan-European investigations.
As our English platform, FTM.eu, is expanding, we are looking for an
experienced editor for our English publications
Currently, most articles on FTM.eu are translated from Dutch. Unfortunately, a proper professional translation does not automatically lead to a well-written article. The in-depth investigations of our journalists often deal with complex issues. We think, however, that a wide audience should be able to read and comprehend our articles. This implies superior storytelling. And that will be your responsibility.
- You are a native English speaker, preferably with a good working knowledge of Dutch, and possibly speak other languages as well.
- You have excellent language and editing skills, a love for journalism and a knack for storytelling.
- You will edit English originals and brush up translations from Dutch.
- Your main and most important task is making sure that FTM.eu carries the best English articles imaginable. These can either be translations of Dutch articles or English originals. You are also responsible for the content management of FTM.eu.
- You will be working mostly in Brussels, with frequent visits to our HQ in Amsterdam – or the other way around.
As editor, you will be part of the editorial staff of Follow the Money. You will work closely with the editor-in-chief of FTM.eu. You will start with an average of three days per week, with the prospect of a rapid increase in hours.
What we offer
- A top notch platform for independent investigative journalism, financed by paying members.
- A unique combination of a relaxed, informal working environment with the relentless pursuit of excellence.
- Relevant work at a social enterprise.
Please send your resume and cover letter before November 18th to Arne van der Wal via firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘editor English publications’ in the subject line.